At a glanceAs a Senior IT Engineer you have earned your stripes within the Counterparty Credit Risk field and you are recognised for it. You are part of a multi-disciplinary team of IT Engineers to realise the goals of your Product Owner and IT Lead. Together with your colleagues in other Scrum teams you work together to continuously improve our IT solutions and set the quality standard of managing Counterparty Credit Risk within the bank for our Global Markets Counterparty Credit Risk team. Working Agile you are an integral part in the execution of the IT strategy. What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story.Your jobYour job involves a combination of work on functional and technical changes within the Counterparty Credit Risk IT landscape such as writing functional specifications for new business requirements, coordinating and executing the testing thereof and being able to contribute to our IT landscape rejuvenation. You have a good understanding of what drives the business, the IT infrastructure, risk & regulatory challenges, and innovation in financial markets. You are also familiar with our central Counterparty Credit Risk application FIS Adaptiv and the FIS Adaptiv Analytics solutions suite. Furthermore you are comfortable with the ins and outs of financial derivatives trading and understand the product landscape traded within Global Markets.
Some of the challenges you will be faced with include, but are not limited to, expanding our FIS Adaptiv suite with more products from Global Markets trading. We are also in the process of empowering our users with the vast data that we have access to and are exploring Power BI as a tool for creating user friendly reportsWorking environmentThe success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated. You like to work in an environment where every day is different; just like the financial markets, volatility can be high. The Global Markets business is an integral part of the growth strategy of the Corporate & Institutional bank where innovation, digital transformation and international expansion are the key strategic pillars. Within Global Markets you will work in the Agile team of Counterparty Credit Risk servicing our Counterparty Credit Risk users.Your profileYou enjoy combining think-work with execution. You understand stakeholder’s needs and are able to translate these into tangible actions. You lead by example when it comes to our Cultural Principles. Client focus is the primary driver for your day to day work. In your development you strive for a T-shaped profile: you can teach others on your expertise (depth) and learn from others from theirs (breadth).
We are looking for seasoned professionals with a minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably in financial markets. Check your profile:
• Higher educational background (WO)
• 5+ years of working experience
• Experience with FIS Adaptiv and FIS Adaptiv Analytics suite
• Understanding of Legal agreements and Cpty Credit Risk
• Interest and/or experience in innovation (e.g. test automation, CI/CD)
• Experience with Power BI development
• Experience with (scaled) Agile way of working (preferably)
• Knowledge on Counterparty Credit Risk principles and calculation models
• Knowledge of financial markets and its clients base, products and services
• The right attitude towards collaboration, exploration and getting-things-doneWe are offeringWe want you to help us to further shape the Agile way of working within ABN AMRO. We like to learn from your experiences and try to fit in the best practices that you learned. There is room for growth within and outside your expertise, depending on your ambitions and drive. At ABN AMRO we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieving their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first. We need clients to understand our products and services and sometimes that means saying ‘no’ if risks involved are not suitable for a certain client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal. Every day.We are offeringThe opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionallyThe opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitnessA supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefitsA personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per yearAn annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the functionA solid pension planInterested?Please apply online!For more information, please contact Adriaan Verschuijl (IT Lead) email@example.com, or Eric van der Palen (Talent Acquisition Specialist), firstname.lastname@example.org.