Sample Collection Officer – Full Time, Temporary
Our client currently has a vacancy for a full-time Sample Collection Officer, on a temporary 6 month contract, to work within their health division and conduct COVID-19 screening; this position will be based at our clients Liverpool Clinic.
Key tasks and responsibilities
– Work as part of a busy clinic dynamic, conducting COVID-19 PCR swabbing, as part of a screening scheme
– Registering individuals details on various bespoke software systems
– The collection and preparation of biological specimens for testing through throat and nasal swabbing
– The preparation of specimens for transportation to ensure that their stability is safeguarded during shipment to the appropriate analytical laboratory
– The possession of the knowledge and skills to handle problematic collections or difficult individuals
– Flexibility is required towards working hours, to include weekends and early mornings
– The adherence to company Health and Safety procedures and the maintenance of a safe working environment
– The strict adherence to the companys Confidentiality Policy within and outside the organisation
– Previous experience in a busy client-facing role
– Previous systems experience, using off-the-shelf or bespoke company software
– Previous sample collection experience – full training and PPE will be provided
– Whilst experience within the medical profession is not required, an interest in healthcare is desirable
– Excellent organisational and time management skills
About Our Client:
Our client is a unique collaboration of scientific innovation and medical application, specialising in personalised and preventive health programmes. As global specialists in clinical diagnostics, they offer direct access to a portfolio of hundreds of biomarker tests, proteomics and genomics measurements. This fusion of scientific intelligence and clinical acumen enables earlier diagnosis and treatment of current health problems, potential prevention of future health problems and allows individuals to take control of their health and improve their overall wellbeing.
Tailored to the needs of each person, results are discussed, treatment and lifestyle options are explored, and continued care is provided. This is delivered directly to the public in a private setting to allow individuals to take advantage of biomarker blood testing to track and improve their wellbeing.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for the role of Sample Collection Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Sample Collection Co-ordinator, Medical Sample Collection Officer, Sample Collector, Healthcare Assistant, or Clinical Assistant.