· This is a part-time position. This position requires seven days a week availability including evenings, overnights and weekend shifts. All potential candidates are required to be available for weekends and overnights as needed.
· The Residential Casual Support Worker is directly responsible to the Program Coordinator, and through that person, to the Manager of Residential Services.
· As a member of the treatment team, the Residential Casual Support Worker is responsible for delivering day-to-day therapeutic services to individuals living in residential and supported independent living environments. This will require shift work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reinforce a therapeutic living environment that attends to the residents’ physical and emotional needs.
· Provide assistance with crisis intervention and notify pertinent contacts, as required, in a timely manner.
· Act as a positive role model for all residents and ensure that the needs of the residents are the primary focus in the treatment process.
· Valid First Aid Certificate
· Recent Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search (in past 3 months)
· Recent Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check (in past 3 months)
· Class 5 Driver’s License and vehicle for work use
Reference ID: Residential Casual Support Workers (RES-0106 – EXTERNAL)
Application Deadline: 2021-04-07
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-12
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $13.50 per hour
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: – Due to COVID-19 policies and recommendations, only emailed applications will be accepted at this time. DO NOT drop off physical applications.
Secondary School (preferred)
Support Care: 1 year (preferred)
direct support worker: 1 year (preferred)
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place