At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
· An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
· An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating and inclusive workplace.
· An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
· An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, which can include health and dental coverage, an employer-matching pension plan, an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
· An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of the Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Recycling Technician:
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As a Recycling Technician you will be responsible for:
· Greeting customers and fielding general inquiries about accepted materials, deposit amounts and container sizes.
· Counting containers and recording orders for deposit refund
· Preparing containers for transport, which may include sorting, crushing and loading product onto trailers
· Performing general cleaning and upkeep of the depot building and yard
· Performing physical work, repetitive tasks and standing for long periods of time
· Operating point-of-sale system, if needed
· Becoming the biggest recycling expert among all of your family and friends!
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as a Recycling Technician at SARCAN, you will need:
· Basic reading, writing and numeracy skills
· Basic computer skills; use of email is required
· Ability to focus on own work, including counting and recording containers
· Ability to follow instructions and ensure tasks are completed in appropriate sequence
· Ability to communicate with customers and answer questions in a courteous and professional manner
· To be dependable and a team-player
· Must provide a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of employment
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please submit your resume and cover letter via email by April 12, 2021.
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.