PRINCIPAL PROJECT ENGINEER – CIVIL & UTILITIES – Parsons International Limited
Provide Civil Engineering discipline support to the Construction and Project Management Departments for the design and construction of various public and private infrastructure projects with an emphasis on the design of streets and roads, construction sites, grading, drainage, potable water, sanitary sewers, reclaimed water, irrigation utilities. Resolve conflicts with utilities and grading and drainage design issues. Perform Civil Engineering reviews of improvement plans, contract specifications, construction estimates and engineering studies. Involvement in conceptual civil engineering design, master planning of utilities, street and highway design, pump station and culvert design, writing memorandums to management, and coordination of existing and new infrastructure.
Receive direction from the Supervisor, EPS in relation to specific objectives on assigned projects, with output reviewed against scope of works. Frequent interfaces with stakeholders. Supervises and coordinates the activities of Senior Project Engineers and other assigned personnel.
Major Activities Performed
• Technical Review of improvement plans, technical specifications, construction estimates, design calculations for compliance with approved design criteria and good civil engineering practice.
• Provide support for the Construction Department in answering and resolving technical design issues, clarification and interpretation of the design drawings and coordination with other sections.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to Management on all aspects of Civil Engineering and needed improvements or design changes.
• Provide technical interfacing with the contractors in the areas of survey benchmarks, site grading and drainage, utility interfaces, and offsite, above-grading pipeline routing.
• Planning and efficient utilization of utility corridors for water pipeline networks, sewers, electrical and telecom networks both direct buried and in duct banks.
• Prepare written memorandums, technical reports and correspondence on Civil Engineering issues. Prepare and give engineering presentations on Civil Engineering issues.
• Prepare conceptual utility and site designs, layouts and coordinate with other engineering sections, prepare alternative solutions to issues and problems.
• Preparation and review of cost estimates and material quantities.
• Review existing site conditions and develop scope of work for utility system based on site evaluation and client requirement.
• Develop scope of work for AE Consultants.
• Review Contractor’s design submittals, specifications, and calculations submittals.
• Perform field inspections and provide field support during construction.
• Review vendor/shop drawings and construction material submittals.
• Assist in the preparation of Utility (Sewer, Water, Storm drain) master planning in the creation of capital improvement projects and verifying capacity of the existing utility systems and establishing new.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, consultant and contractor selection, design proposals and construction bid evaluations, and coordination during construction bidding.