Provides professional nurse care for clinic patients following the established standards and practices, Nurses will be work directly with patients and their families in coordination with physicians.
1. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures that preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
2. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Maintains and stocks the department as per department par level.
3. Greets patients and prepares them for examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of specimen and preparation for (lab, x-ray, etc) tests.
4. Arranges for patient testing and admissions with other department.
5. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions as ordered.
6. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls in a pleasant professional manner.
7. Observes, records and reports patients’ condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Notifies infection control and/or clinical administrator nurse of all suspected infection cases.
8. Maintains and reviews patients’ records, for pertinent information regarding follow-up. Posts tests and examination results in patient’s file and reports any abnormalities to the doctor.