Work Site: Seiden Health, North York, ON (Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19)
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
The General counsel is responsible for oversight of all legal and regulatory affairs within the organization. This includes acting as the privacy officer; drafting contracts; and acting as a legal resource for staff and medical assessors.
The General counsel will advise on all risk reduction and management throughout all aspects of the corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Advise executives on relevant legal issues of the business, including human resources, privacy, health and safety and employment law
· Oversee internal policies from a legal and regulatory perspective
· Advise and manage risks in business operations and decisions
· Draft legal papers, contracts, agreements, and other legal documents as required
· Protect company intellectual property
· Act as key legal resource for executive team, staff, and medical assessors (as required)
· Manage outside counsel
· Assist with HR issues as required
· Responsible for third party certifications and maintenance as required
· Min 3 years’ experience working as a legal counsel for businesses
· Specialty in Health Law, Privacy or Employment matters
· Proven track record of creating effective legal strategies
· High work ethic.
· Arbitration, mediation skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English language
· LLB or JD
About Seiden Health
Seiden Health is a doctor-owned and operated medical-legal evaluation, disability benefits management, occupational health consulting and medical advisory firm. We serve North American motor vehicle insurers, plaintiff and defence lawyers, corporations, unions, Canadian and US government agencies, plus the injured and disabled, whose claims we are engaged to assess. Seiden Health is the number-one medical assessor of choice for those seeking independent, legally reliable evaluations, especially in catastrophic impairment, difficult-to-resolve and potentially litigious cases. Literally any medical, performance or industrial relations issue calling for scientific or research-oriented expertise falls within our capabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and people with disabilities.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-20
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
Extended health care
Monday to Friday
Do you have arbitration and mediation skills?
Do you specialize in Health Law, Privacy or Employment matters?
Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Member good standing, Law Society of Canadian jurisdiction (required)