نائب باطنة_Registrar Medicine – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
• Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department.
• Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
• Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Director of Medicine in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
• Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department.
• Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
• Instructs and guides when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance / work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department.
• To report and discuss all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Consultant / Senior Registrar.
• Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
• Works towards completing his post graduate training and passing the Final part of his Membership or Saudi Board.
• Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the Department.
• Participates in approved research projects.
• Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
• Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
• To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
• Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated. 3.16 Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.